The Hwa Chong Junior College Alumni is extremely proud of the current batch of students taking the 2015 A-Levels examinations.
The school has announced that:
- HCI has achieved its best results ever, since the first batch of Integrated Programme (IP) students took the A-Levels in 2007.
- This cohort has done well, scoring a record average UAP of 85.22. 6 out of 10 scored 3 H2 Distinctions and above.
- H2 Mathematics, H2 Physics, H2 Chemistry, H2 History, H2 Knowledge & Inquiry, and H1 General Paper recorded significant improvements in distinction rates, surpassing last year’s cohort.
- Half of 19 H2 subjects registered significant improvements in distinction rates.
- The following subjects have achieved outstanding results:
- Close to 5 out of 10 scored distinctions for H1 General Paper (Record number)
- Close to 8 out of 10 scored distinctions for H2 Mathematics
- More than 6 out of 10 scored distinctions for H2 Chemistry
- More than 7 out of 10 scored distinctions for H2 Physics
- 7 out of 10 scored distinctions for H2 Biology
- Close to 7 out of 10 scored distinctions for H2 History
- 7 out of 10 achieved Distinctions for H2 Literature
- 7 out of 10 scored distinctions for H2 Knowledge & Inquiry (KI)
- All except 1 scored distinctions for H2 Art
- Besides their sterling academic results, the Class of 2015 has also excelled holistically.
- This cohort tirelessly and selflessly contributed back to the community, serving an average of 115 hours in community service;
- They have continued Hwa Chong's tradition of excellence with 47 World Championship Titles (2006-2016);
- They also took home 47 Top 3 titles at the Interschool Sports Championships in 2015 and;
- 14 Certificates of Distinction at the 2015 Singapore Youth Festival.
- To date, 17 Hwa Chong students have been awarded provisional Public Service Commission Scholarship offers. Hwa Chong students were also awarded 3 Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Scholarships and 1 Singapore Police Force (SPF) Scholarship.
Let’s join hands in congratulating all the students, principal, teachers and staff for the scintillating results and thank them for the hard work!