About Bursary Fund
- Set up in 1999 by the Hwa Chong Junior College Alumni, the Bursary Fund aims to reduce the financial burden of needy students so that they can strive for excellence.
- The Bursary Fund will be used mainly for bursary awards, named formally as "Hwa Chong Junior College Alumni Bursary Award".
- A portion of the Bursary Fund will be set aside as Student Welfare Aid to provide financial assistance to needy students in the College.
The Student Welfare Aid Fund
- Needy students can apply for financial assistance at any time of the year.
- The CEO/Principal, together with the Committee, will determine and approve the amount to be given for each applicant.
Eligibility for the Bursary & Student Welfare Aid Fund
- The Bursary Fund is open to all current students of Hwa Chong Institution, regardless of race and nationality. The tenure of the award is from July (JC One) to June (JC Two). For the duration outside this tenure, students can apply for the Student Welfare Aid.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other bursary or scholarship (excluding Edusave Merit Bursary).
- The Selection Committee will comprise the Principal, two representatives from the College and two representatives from the HCJC Alumni.